The full form of SAS is Statistical Analysis System. It is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. It can mine, alter, manage and retrieve data from a variety of sources and perform statistical analysis on it.
Until 2011, SAS’s largest set of products was its line for customer intelligence that includes numerous modules for web, social media and marketing analytics being used to profile customers and prospects, predict their behaviors and manage and optimize communications. In 2012, SAS held 36.2 percent of the market-share in advanced analytics.
The SAS software suite has more than 200 components.Some of the SAS components are:
- Base SAS – Basic procedures and data management
- SAS/STAT – Statistical analysis
- SAS/GRAPH – Graphics and presentation
- SAS/OR – Operations research
- SAS/ETS – Econometrics and Time Series Analysis
- SAS/QC – Quality control
- SAS/INSIGHT – Data mining
- SAS/PH – Clinical trial analysis
In the blog, you’ll learn how to download and install SAS.